Through this project we help children in contact with the law, specifically child victims, to easily find information and exercise their rights in criminal proceedings
i-ACCESS MyRights project takes shape from the assumption that innovative artificial intelligence (AI) driven-based solutions to access information are of paramount importance to improve access to justice for children that come in contact with the justice system, specifically for child victims. An innovative, AI driven-based and child-centred solution will in fact ensure that children learn and gain access to all the rights and support they are entitled to.
The i-ACCESS MyRights’ overall objective is to improve access to information and legal assistance for child victims in the European Union by promoting a child centred AI-driven solution. This will allow child victims to easily find information and exercise their rights in criminal proceedings, while empowering them and reducing the risks of a traumatic experience, regardless of their gender, social and cultural background.
- 75 child victims, aged 14-18 years, benefiting from piloting in the 3 target countries
- 30 children and young people with experience in the youth justice system assisting the implementation of the project through the Child Advisory Boards
- 450 law enforcement, judges, prosecutors, lawyers, social workers, health professionals, psychologists reached through trainings and social media
- 183 policy makers and child protection professionals reached through advocacy events and social media
- 600 policy makers, 3000 justice professionals, 900 children, 100 lawyers
Implementing countries: Romania, Greece and Bulgaria
Project duration: January 2023 – December 2024
The project is implemented by a strong team of 7 high level expert organisations: Terre des hommes Regional Hub in Hungary as coordinator, Terre des hommes Romania, Terre des hommes Hellas, SAPI (Bulgaria), The Centre for IT and IP Law of the University of Leuven (Belgium), Noldus (Netherlands), and Lawren.io (Belgium). In addition, Dentons Europe LLP will provide in-kind contributions with a team of four legal experts.